IMMUNE SUPER SHOT
Updated: May 2, 2020
With the current virus epidemic around the world, boosting immunity has never been more important.
To help fuel your body with the essential vitamins and minerals it needs to function, this 'Immune Super Shot' contains a careful blend of fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices. Packed with vitamin C, zinc, iron, and other anti-inflammatory and antiviral compounds, this 'Immune Super Shot' can just add a little extra support to your body throughout this time.
Little tip: this juice mix is best taken 2-3 times a day in little 'shot' sizes, as opposed to drinking a large glass all at once! This improves its efficacy as many of the nutrients (such as vitamin c) are best absorbed by the body when taken in small increments throughout the day! (Having too much all at once means you'll just excrete all those super nutrients you're after!!!)
Makes roughly 1 litre.
1 handful fresh thyme
Ginger (roughly a 3x3cm piece)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons turmeric (depending on how you handle the taste!)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil
1. Peel and dice ginger into small 1cm cubes and wash thyme. Then boil some water and place both ingredients in around 700mL of hot water to soften for 20 minutes.
2. Peel and chop oranges (seeds removed), lemons (seeds removed), carrots, and pineapple into small pieces and add to the blender. Continue to add the rest of the ingredients (turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar).
3. Pour in the thyme and ginger mix, water included, then blend the entire mix for around 2-3 minutes.
4. Once blended, use a strainer to separate the juice from all the blended ingredients - but be sure to keep the separated mix as you can use that in some immune boosting muffins! (recipe to come).
5. Add the juice to a large jar or container and enjoy as mini shots throughout the day!